Saturday, December 26, 2009

How does a person go about finding a home for a parent unable to take care of themselves?

My mom is only 51 and she has slight brain damage and is mentally unstable (bi polar, manic depressive). I'm unable to take care of her myself. Any suggestions? Please no sarcasim... this a serious issueHow does a person go about finding a home for a parent unable to take care of themselves?
Talk to her family physician, or other doctor. They might be able to hook you up with social services, and social workers that would be able to assist you. You need to get a case manager for her, and a legal guardian as well. Perhaps you could even look in to a group home for her. In that case, you could have her evaulated by a psychiatrist, and then they could have a placement in mind for her disabilities.How does a person go about finding a home for a parent unable to take care of themselves?
I definitely would want references from people I know well who have had parents or relatives in a care facility. I believe all facilities (the good and the bad) can give equal ';sales pitches '; and print pretty brochures.


I repeat, GET A REFERENCE from someone you know and trust!
Google ';nursing homes'; for your area.

No comments:

Post a Comment