Monday, December 28, 2009

How to convinced my parent into getting me a manual car?

Been driving for 2 year now (since 16) and finally got my license. Started to learn stick and fell in love driving one. Went to the honda dealership to look for my first car and told my parent I wanted a manual. They both gave me a weird look and said no. Both said insurence cost more, waste more gas, too hard to drive, etc... What can I say to them to change there mind about manual car?How to convinced my parent into getting me a manual car?
Manual transmissions are much simpler and more reliable than today's modern computer controlled automatics trannys. Insurance does not cost more than it would in an automatic. You also get better mileage when you know how to drive efficiently in a stick. Despite being a bit more complicated to drive, it teaches you more about how the car really works and you have more control over how fast you accelerate, brake, and control fuel economy. I personally think driving stick keeps you more focused on your driving and less distracted from other things around you. You are not able to just slip it in Drive and go where you want. You must anticipate and think how your vehicle will react and in doing so, will probably stay more focused on what your doing.How to convinced my parent into getting me a manual car?
I'm not sure what your parents' real reason for not wanting you get a manual but all their reasons are nonsense. Driving with a manual transmission makes driving FUN. The only time you might NOT want a manual is if you commute to work every day in stop and go traffic. In this case, a manual is really annoying, tiring, and gives your legs a good workout -- not to mention the wear and tear on the clutch.
Your insurance rates have nothing to do with whether or not it as an auto or a stick. If you know how to drive a stick properly then you will get better fuel mileage than with an auto.
Get a job, and get your own car. What you pay for, you really look after

No comments:

Post a Comment