Sunday, January 17, 2010

Anybody know any way to convince your parent to let you pursue the acting industry?

My Mom doesn't exactly approve of my acting... She doesn't mind, but just isn't completely thrilled, and not involved at all. Does anybody know any ways to convince her to get more involved?Anybody know any way to convince your parent to let you pursue the acting industry?
My parents were the same way at first.





When I was younger, I had a flair for the stage... I was an extraordinary acting talent for such a young age, and I had always had a talent for dancing.


But I couldn't sing well at all.... %26gt;.%26lt;


I was always telling my parents I wanted to be an actress, and they would be supportive of that. But when I decided I wanted to be in MUSICAL theatre... they were hesitant. :P I didn't give up on it, but I wasn't feeling to confident about it myself as I got a little older.


Finally, when I was about your age, or 13, or something, I became good.(: I started getting callbacks for everything and kept getting leads. Finally my parents knew I would have a career in the musical theatre... and I do.[:





I think the story in this is that parents don't disapprove of show business itself, but the low success rates and high rejection rates. And how performers are out of work more than they are in it, and there's not telling when you'll be employed again. I think the only way to get parents to be %100 behind you on your career choice is to show them that they have nothing to worry about, that you are going to be successful, that you're going to be one of the best the industry has to offer. If your parent(s) can see that you've got real talent, and you're serious about pursuing it, and you're going to but your heart %26amp; soul into it, they'll be excited for you that you can work in a profession you love.





Ha ha, sorry for the long paragraphs... I'm pationate about helping out young actors.(:





Feel free to email me any time for any advice on your career.





AND ALWAYS BRAKE LEGS ! xoxoxAnybody know any way to convince your parent to let you pursue the acting industry?
I assume you have done some. You don't say how old you are so . . .


If your not in high school she probably will not bother. Also she seems to be a single parent who has to work.


If in high school ask either a family friend or one of your friends if they can get her to come with them to your next production.


Don't bad mom but tell them you are serious and wish she would just watch you at least once.


If that doesn't work then enjoy what you do and keep doing it and keep out of hair.
collect statistics of success stories.


Find out the pay for stars in your age group and of your gender


Get a copy of BackStage West or connect with Holdon.com


These will give you ammo.





If you finish high school and you're emancipated, you can pursue your dreams without her approval. And besides, there are lots of places ro work while you're paying dues in small roles and learning your craft. That way she won't feel you'll be a beggar with no food or turn to drug or unsafe sex. \


Address her fear head on with good research and a plan.


The plna may include getting connected to a casting agency, and getting an agent or starting to go to casting calls as listed in BackStageWest or SFCastingcom
I know what you mean, they think that its a joke and its to hard to get in the industry. They just ruin our hopes and dreams lol.


Just practice around your house, your mom will see that your serious and if there are any acting opportunities for you to take, then jump on it. Good luck, Carly. :]
tell her ur dead serious about this and ask her havent u ever wanted to be somthing besides wat she is working in now that should soften her up


ANSWER MINE PLZ IM BEGGIN TEN PPOINTS BEST ANSWER


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment