Thursday, January 21, 2010

What can I do about an abusive parent taking custody of me?

I am 15 (almost 16). My father abused me (physically and sexually) when I was between the ages of 3 and 6. Everyone covered for him. He walked out when I was 6 and I have only seen him maybe 5 times since then. He is now filing for sole custody. Is there anything I can do to stop him from gaining custody of me or is it too late? What can I do about an abusive parent taking custody of me?
Talk to a trusted teacher, counselor, parent of a friend, minister, or other known and trusted adult. You must find an adult advocate for you to help you ensure that he never gets custody of you. Only if you can't find someone within your school, church, or community that you already know, then go to a police station and talk to them. Please don't give up!What can I do about an abusive parent taking custody of me?
Find an adult you trust outside of the family -- like a teacher -- and tell them about it. Ask them to take you to the police so you can report what he did to you. When it comes to custody, the best thing you can have to protect yourself is the abuse in writing in a formal way....fill out a report with the police. Child abuse will not go uninvestigated and you will be taken care of. I will pray for your safety. You have a big life in front of you and you asking for help is very mature -- I can see you will be very successful in the future -- keep the faith! Keep the eye on your future, which will, clearly, be bright! Keep your grades up -- get some scholarships -- go to college and do the amazing things you were created for! Good luck %26amp; God bless!
I was under the impression, that the courts also consider the rights of the child. You might want to speak to a lawyer, a police officer, or somebody in the child services area about it. I'm sure that something can be done.





edit:


You say, that going to the police, is not an option because of the time, since it happened. I am sure that the police, even if not able to take a report, will be able to turn you in a direction of which, you may not have been aware.





What's to lose?
read the book ';such a pretty girl'; it will help you





keep a camera in your room and run it when he comes into your room its not easy but it will work if the time comes that an event happens





i am so sorry that you have to go through this


i wish you the best of luck





p.s you could befriend a cop or go to a therapist and you could share everything with them and i am sure they could help you
Most states have a child advocacy system. A good place to start to find where to go would be to talk to your favorite teacher at school. Whatever happens you need to find someone who will represent you as a minor. You don't say anything about your mother so I assume she is out of the picture - is that correct?
You can tell the cops, but you know they may or may not do anything about it. I advise running away and staying with some friends until you are 18, then come back.
Go straight to the Police. They will put you in protective custody until an investigation is held.
go to the cops
go to the police and report him






No comments:

Post a Comment