Thursday, January 21, 2010

Can I legally emancipate myself from one parent to avoid having anything to do with him?

I live in the UK, can I emancipate my father and still have my mum on by birth certificate?Can I legally emancipate myself from one parent to avoid having anything to do with him?
I do not think you can have your fathers name taken of your birth certificate but you can ';divorce'; yourself from parents.





Get legal advise - they will make it clear for you.Can I legally emancipate myself from one parent to avoid having anything to do with him?
Emancipation does not remove anyone from your birth certificate.
I am not sure the legalities. But I would advise you not to do anything out of spite. You can distance yourself without having to do it on paper. It sounds like you are wanting your father to know how much he has hurt you by having a judge tell him he is not your father anymore. This isn't going to help you in the long run. The best thing you can do is try to forgive and move on. Holding on to all these angry emotions is like taking poison and hoping someone else will die. I really hope you can begin to heal and I hope you find peace.
no


your father is your father and what you want is irrelevant as far as your birth certificate goes, its record of who was your father not who you want as your father





no emancipation is an american concept





you avoid having anything to do with him by avoiding having anything to do with HIM you don't need the courts backing

No comments:

Post a Comment