Saturday, January 23, 2010

Is there an advantage of being a liberal parent to your kids?

So OK, I want to know if being liberal on the kids has a good effect on them? What are those?





And do you think there is difference between from being liberal and spoiling?Is there an advantage of being a liberal parent to your kids?
They have no respect for authority


They will sleep aroud like rabbits


They will try drugs


They will be spoiled brats


They will me mollycoddled brats.Is there an advantage of being a liberal parent to your kids?
I guess it depends on your definiation of ';liberal';. I think I am a liberal parent most of my friends think I am strict. We don't have many rules in this house but the ones we do have are enforced:


';if you can reach it you can have it, if your stuff gets broken you should have put it up';


';There is never a reason to put your hands on a family member. EVER';


';Nothing over a P.G. rating';


';You are responsible for your own things';


';Everyone lives here-everyone pitches in on clean-up';


';if you can talk you can listen';


';if you can walk I dont need to carry you (within reason)';





My kids are not spoiled, but the are allowed the chance to make their own mistakes and learn what happens when they do. I think haveing onlt a few rules has taught them basic understanding of how things work, I don't make a bunch of silly rules for them to follow as long as they can follow the basics, be respectful, and responsible. If they want to try something I let them our house is always filled with weird projects and artwork. But even though my kids are very young they have a natural sense of curiousity and I encourage them to explore that!
In my opinion, there are very few good things about being liberal. I believe that conservatism and moderation are much better alternatives in raising children. If you raise children to be liberal, they will have no since of right or wrong and have a very weak moral aptitude. This is all just my opinion though.
Your idea and mine may not be the same of what liberal is so I really can't give you an opinion unless you give some examples.
I would say I have tried to be a liberal parent.......my kid walks all over me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment