Saturday, January 23, 2010

Will i get a rebate check from the government if i was claimed by a parent but i am 19 years old?

my father claimed me on the tax return. will he get the 300 from the government or will i?Will i get a rebate check from the government if i was claimed by a parent but i am 19 years old?
Neither of you will get $300. You will not get it because you were claimed by your father. Your father will not get it because you are over 17. Sorry :-(Will i get a rebate check from the government if i was claimed by a parent but i am 19 years old?
No, neither of you will get anything. You're not eligible as a dependent, and you're too old for the $300 kicker for your father; that goes away for any dependents who are age 17 or older on Dec 31, 2007.
You won't get the $300 because you were a dependent.


Your dad won't get the $300 because you are too old.





However, your dad did get a tax benefit already for just claiming you.
You get ZERO...You only get the money if YOU filed a tax return for 2007. Why would you get anything???
The parent will get the $300.Most everyone who fill out a 2007 tax return is eligible for at leat $300 if single.


. I claimed my 18 year old son on my taxes. I didn't get anything for him, but i got $300 for myself. You won't get anything though because someone claimed you as a dependent

No comments:

Post a Comment