Sunday, January 17, 2010

How could I get a conservative parent to be more lenient?

Pops is so up tight and has trouble letting his seventeen year old leave the house with lipgloss on.How could I get a conservative parent to be more lenient?
haha i'm sorry but that sounds like something out of an archie comic. well, i suppose you could wait one more year, and use the ';i'm an adult now'; line. i think it's a bit pointless to try to change him this late on.How could I get a conservative parent to be more lenient?
Put the lipgloss on after you leave the house. :P





Otherwise, just have a talk with him. Ask him why he doesn't trust you to make mature decisions on your own. If he can give you a good reason or prove some decent points, he won. If you can change his mind by pointing out how you've been responsible in the past, you might be able to change his mind.





In the end though, you can't force a person to be one way or the other. If you can't change his mind, you'll just have to get around it. It's always been my opinion that just because you're under 18 doesn't mean you're property. If my parents couldn't give me a good reason, then it wasn't a legitimate rule for me. That's just me, though.
Oh well. You are the child, he is the adult. The only things he has to give you is food, shelter, clothes, love, and make sure you get an education. He doesn't have to let you date, wear makeup, anything like that. Just wait until you are 18.
  • mascara eye liner
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment