Thursday, May 13, 2010

How do you measure if you are a good parent? By the fact that your children are safe, happy, responsible?

Healthy, successful, good people, have necessary life skills to overcome obstacles??How do you measure if you are a good parent? By the fact that your children are safe, happy, responsible?
Success or lack thereof doesn't make a difference as far as the parents being good parents. The fact that the child knows right from wrong is the biggest indicator. Happiness isn't quite a sign of good parenting. Sometimes, to be a good parent, you have to make your child cry, so to speak. If they are totally happy, you've spoiled them. Spoiling is not a good practice. Other than that, you're correct.How do you measure if you are a good parent? By the fact that your children are safe, happy, responsible?
When my Husband comes home, if the kids are still alive, I figure I've done my job. -Roseanne Barr
Doing well in school, decent social skills, don't act out, believe no means no and don't whine about it, eat a balanced diet, aren't fat (sorry, but its NOT healthy!), make good choices, aren't getting complaints about them from school or friends they play with, nice to siblings. You can only do so much, part of it is the kid and their temperment. All I can do is my best. If they disagree, its on them. My parents did the best they could and I'm ok with that. Its all a parent can ask for.
I supppose friend, I don't have kidds so I wouldn't really know...
i dont like the idea of MEASURING, who's yard stick do ya use??, whats you're idea of success, each has differant journeys, my GRANDSON was born last nite, isaw a shirt a few days ago for a BABY, that said , i want to be a fireman when i grow up, i think thats what OTHERS may want. TOO much pressure to be SOMETHING, , just be you.
kind of...


they may be happy but miserable..


dont be overprotective like my parents..

No comments:

Post a Comment