Thursday, May 13, 2010

How much does it cost to have an adult step-parent adopt his adult step-child in the state of Ohio?

I want to see if my step-father adopting me would be feasible. He has been my ';father'; since I was 3 months old and married my mother when I was one, but they have since been divorced. I was born in Ohio and he resides there as well. Although, I am currently living in Milwaukee and want to move back and be adopted by him as well. I am 23 so it is difficult to find information on an adult adopting another adult. Please help!How much does it cost to have an adult step-parent adopt his adult step-child in the state of Ohio?
In the state of Ohio, you may only adopt another adult if that person is handicapped or disabled permanently (cannot care for himself without assistance). You can take Father out of quotation marks, and speak it proudly, and accept this man as your father without paper.How much does it cost to have an adult step-parent adopt his adult step-child in the state of Ohio?
He must mean very much to you. I bet he's honored to known you've asked this of him. I'll give you some advice. I would contact these folks here: http://www.localohioattorneys.com/Catego鈥?/a> Find out what they can do for you and your step-father. Sounds like the two of you have a wonderful relationship. Good luck and best wishes!
I do not believe it is a possibility at your age. One would think that if your step-father wanted to adopt you that he would have done so when you were a minor.

No comments:

Post a Comment