Thursday, May 13, 2010

Why are parent so quick to see the negitive in children and so slow in seeing the good in them?

I hear so many parents gripping about their childrens behaviors, but sadly, rarely hear them speak of their good qualities or positive achievments. I am concerned about this and wondered what others thought about this.Why are parent so quick to see the negitive in children and so slow in seeing the good in them?
If you are talking about this Q%26amp;A forum, it's because parents can handle the good aspects of their children but need help or advise in regards to the negative aspects. I don't think a parent will ask ';My son has such an excellent attitude. What should I do about this?'; As far as everyday conversations, I always encounter parents who try to top other parents with their childrens accomplishments.Why are parent so quick to see the negitive in children and so slow in seeing the good in them?
Good question. I wish I had seen this question before.

Report Abuse



Although it doesn't seem like a good thing, they really love their child and want the best for them. They continually look up and try to move forward rather than stay and look at their acheivements. They probably think this way: even if you are a top straight A student, there is someone always in front of you in teh game of life so you can't afford to stay behind and must keep going on. also, bragging about their child about their acheivements doesn't seem like a nice thing to do. do that only when necessary
i heat that all the time, because the negative it alway BIG. but when it sonthing good, you keep shimmmmm and wait untill someone said sonthing. When you doe sonthing good screem if you have to to be sure the all world know what you doe
It is the old ';nothing is ever good enough'; thing. Once a child gets a certain behavior under control a parent will move on to the next thing they believe is not correct in their eyes. It could also be simple modesty, or not wanting to brag or boast.
That is very true for every parent to some psychological


degree.There is this ';old'; I mean real old rare quote..


I have read but I unfortunately cannot remember it exactly


right now ,it went something like this.';Think not bad ???


of your child..';Anyway it is very true';I apologize for


the lack of recall.Your probably thinking';the quote cannot be so great if I cannot remember it';But it was and is very true which is why can't remember it..lol..Well anyway


I am sure it means indepth that your child is a part of you and does sense what maybe just a paranoid or unfounded


something or another in you...Which could inadvertantly ';cause'; the nono..from this highly sensitive


both parent and child subconscience interaction...??? me too


thats is a shame ..because I have had the fortune of reading this 'Quote';or unfortune of a brain storm that it


was indeed true.
really folks only want the best for there childrens. and the try to catch the mistake so they can help them work on it. and be some one repectly. you know now days respect is earn not given.. but i love my crum snacher just the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment