Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Why is it so hard to see a parent in a nursing home?

My daddy is in a nursing home and of course I am a daddy's girl. He has something similar to Parkinson's disease and he is totally disabled. He lost his speech and can only smile when we go to visit. It is getting so hard for me to go visit him because he cries and I just want to bring him home. It is especially hard during the holidays to go see him. I see other patients out there and it just breaks my heart. What do I do? I love my daddy more than life itself.Why is it so hard to see a parent in a nursing home?
You sound like a great person with a heart of gold. You're doing the best you can do now by visiting him and being there for your dad. You might want to talk to someone about your feelings perhaps a close friend so that you don't keep your feelings hidden and doing that can be detrimental to your health.





Also keeping a journal about how you feel will help too.





All the best and God bless you.Why is it so hard to see a parent in a nursing home?
I'm so sorry that you are in this situation. Although it is hard to see your dad in that environment with those handicaps, try to be strong and remain supportive for your him. Tell him how you wish he could still be at home all the time, tell him you love him. Don't let a day go by where he doesn't know how important he is to you...because it's probably harder for him to be in that nursing home without you than for you to visit him.


Really, I wish you and your family the very best.
It's a rude awakening to the fact that we are mortal. There isn't a lot anyone can say to you to make this easier for you. Do your best. Cry when you need to, rejoice at his life when you can.
Because its deaths waiting room.

No comments:

Post a Comment