Thursday, May 13, 2010

As a parent of 2 children am I entitled to view the statements of their trust fund?

I have 2 children aged 16 and 19.They have an educational trust fund left to them by an aunt.I am not a trustee but I am thier Mom who would liketo see that the trustees are doing a good job of managing the funds and how they are allocated.One of the trustees said I cannot view the statements because I was not a trustee.Do I legally have a right to view thier statements?As a parent of 2 children am I entitled to view the statements of their trust fund?
It depends. Being a mother is not the point here.





For the 16 year old, yes, you can SEE the statements, but only if you are their legal guardian. You can then bring legal action against the trustee if necessary for the interests of the minor.





The 19 year old, unless you live in Mississippi, is past the age of majority, so no.

No comments:

Post a Comment