Tuesday, May 11, 2010

How does this type of attitude from a parent to child make you feel?

The child says something about MY clothes, MY toys., etc.--to which the parent responds ';they are really MY clothes, I bought them';. Shouldn't a parent provide for a childs needs unconditionally, without a resentful attitude?How does this type of attitude from a parent to child make you feel?
I have heard parents say that before, and I do hate that, they were gifts to their child. I am a parent myself and will never say that to my child.How does this type of attitude from a parent to child make you feel?
yes and no





if they're over like, 12, they should get an allowance baced on chores and have to buy SOME of their clothes





but basics, underpants, jeans, coats, ect. should be purchaced with out resentment





and that kind of statement is just cruel and mean. Mine does that to my six year old brother when he starts bratting. it's not fair, but you can't do anything about it
Oh wow, I hate that too. I have 2 teens and have never said that to them.





Granted, I buy necessities but they have to buy their own extras. My daughter wanted 2 hoodies for school, I think she only needed 1. So I bought 1, she bought the other.





What I don't get is how they, my kids, can think they can get away with saying ';we get paid on Thursday';. Last time I looked it was Father's name on the paycheque.
I agree...you buy them these things for them. Why make them feel bad that they have them. Parents like that shouldn't bother buying them kids anything if they are just going to hold it over their heads later on. Then again...I can understand if the kid is being a total spoiled brat...then go ahead and let him know that you bought him all that stuff and he should be grateful for it
I agree, if you buy clothes or toys for a child, they're theirs. It was family money you used, and a child is part of the family. I don't like that either, or when a child says ';my mums house'; or something like that-isn't it their house too?
You're right. That parent is antagonizing the child, reinforcing selfish behavior. The parent shouldn't buy those things if it isn't to meet the children's needs. It encourages the child to not share.
I hate when adults act like that, once i get something for my sons its their property. All I ask is that they share with each other. An adult that says that is just being immature!
It seems childish of the parent, like some kind of power trip.
had 7 kids myself and only ever said it if they were over 16 and bieng a royal pain, but that dosnt make it right.
yeah my mom does that too...why do theyy idk

No comments:

Post a Comment