Thursday, May 13, 2010

Why dont they call a child tri racial if one parent is one race and the other is biracial?

Well, Im half black and Puerto Rican, Then my boyfriend is White. Im look at it this way, Bi means two and tri means three. So why don't call a child bi racial if one parent is one race and the other is bi racial.Why dont they call a child tri racial if one parent is one race and the other is biracial?
I think your child would be considered ';multi-racial'; I haven't filled any forms out lately, but I think there was a ';multi racial'; choice when I did the application for my son's birth certificate. But, I was on so many drugs because I had such a bad tear during delivery that I could be mistaken! LoLWhy dont they call a child tri racial if one parent is one race and the other is biracial?
This is for Dawn G. Native American? That term does NOT include all indigenous people in America. I hate the term indigenous. Who uses the term new world besides historians? I'm Native American, black, and white. Saying Multiracial is okay, but it sounds too much like political correctness.

Report Abuse



Puerto Rican isn't a race, it is a person from Puerto Rico.





Perhaps it would be more accurate to use Native American, which includes all indigenous peoples of the New World.





And personally I think we should ALL answer with ';Human'; when asked of race. Race is not the same thing an ethnicity.
I don't understand why they have to keep records of ethnic origin. If your baby is born in America then your baby should be considered American and that's it. I am oppossed to using African-American, Biracial or any of that. But then again I'm a hardcore nationalist.
Well, many of the times people just refer to the percentage of the ethnicity in a person. For example, Sarah Palin's husband is 1/8 or something like that Inuit i believe. My mother is Trinidadian, my father Nigerian, my husband Egyptian so what in the world should i consider my son??? LOOOL
Well people are so many things - it would be bi-racial, tri-racial, quad-racial, quint-racial, sept-racial. Etc. Why keep counting, it could never stop!! I am Mexican, Caucasion, and Asian. I would not like to be called tri-racial. Multi-racial is the best way to put it.
I think biracial is becoming a term of the past and people are moving in the direction of multicultural or multiracial. I tell by quad-racial child she is multicultural.
They refer to that as multi-racial.
mixed race or multi racial would be correct
I think I will start saying that now...Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment