Thursday, May 13, 2010

Is it more common to go alone or with a parent when taking a tour of a college campus?

I'm a junior and am going to be touring some colleges over spring break. It'll be a student leading the tour. Do parents usually accompany the prospective student on the tour?Is it more common to go alone or with a parent when taking a tour of a college campus?
Parents often go along and they usually ask the more important questions that students forget about. I'd recommend that you also branch out and look around without the group though- there's a totally different feel to campus when your not with the tour.Is it more common to go alone or with a parent when taking a tour of a college campus?
Parents usually acompany the kids. And its the parents asking stupidass questions as well. When I went on college tours, I was quiet and me and my dad stayed in the back laughing at stupid questions parents were asking such as ';what does the school do to ensure my child will eat a nutritious meal every day'; and ';what is the curfew for saturday nights';
Yes, most colleges we visited there were always parents accompanying the student.. It is a big decision and its nice to have parents along or friends.. You might be more confident asking questions, etc. Its suppose to be pleasurable and you dont want to walk around all day by yourself and then probably eat by yourself. Its not just a student thing so its not like all the students are alone....
Yes, (at least in my experience) parents usually accompany students on college campus tours, unless there's a separate parent info session that they attend while you're touring.
My parents didn't go with me, but I know alot of people brought their parents with them.





It's a good idea to have your parents there, not really for YOU, they probably want to see for themselves and make a decision on whether if they think you'll be a good student there or party all the time there!

No comments:

Post a Comment