Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Is their really a place that a single parent can get help without getting the traditional run around?

I am tired of getting the run around when it comes to finding affordable housing with my limited finaces, and I wanted to know if there really is a place that will help? Without being placed on a waiting list or never getting a response at all.Is their really a place that a single parent can get help without getting the traditional run around?
yes there is,


im the a housing co operative and there are associations aswell.


im not sure where you are but look up council housing, in australia is SACHA and they can give you a list of all the open and closed memberships for housing. its quicker than state housing to get into a home.


google assossication or co operative housing and it will give you a good start and then call them for a listingIs their really a place that a single parent can get help without getting the traditional run around?
I know it's hard, because i tried to find housing, and i have no kids, but am on disability and have a dog (which i REFUSE to give up).





You can probably find a list for subsidized housing in your area by doing a Yahoo search for SUBSIDIZED HOUSING ';iNSERT YOUR CITY/STATE';....





OR





The health and human services department in your area may have lists of these type apartments/houses.... you can go there and ask...





Most low income or low cost housing management companies have you fill out an application, and can tell you if they have something available as soon as you call.





I hope you find a place.. that's my best advice. I wish i had a better answer.. hugs
Tell me about it. I think its is even worst being a single father with custody of the kids. I think people figure since I am the dad I ought to make enough to do everything for my kids. I took a step down in my company in order to be with my kids. I always seem to get the run around.
A great place for help like this is the job market. Go get a job and help yourself.
I dont know if ur in the uk but i struggled with places to live with my daughter for three years the council didnt help, in the end i was so desparate i went online and applied to all the housing assoc that cover the south of england, i never expected to hear from them but thought i may as well try, i forgot all about it then the next thing i knew there was a letter offering me a two bed flat in the nicest area around here.


The rent is not as cheap as council tenants pay but its around half of what i paid to rent privately.


Hope it helps

No comments:

Post a Comment